2008年6月29日日曜日

BR1-11: Houses Then and Now


Do you like to spend your house? I like to spend my house,especially a living room and my room. I usually spend in a living room and watch TV or talk to my family or do homework. I moved to Kumamoto about 16 years ago, so my house was built about 16 years ago.
This book told about the old and new houses and old house was built in 1903. Wow~, it's about 100 years ago!! The living room is called " parlour". There were no TVs, so they read books, sewes clothes and played board games there. The interior has a sense of high quality and the furniture is also. I thought the old house has many wooden things, for example, chairs, a wall, tables, shelves and so on. And brick things are also many. I was surprised at the thing that they didn't have a toilet in their house. The toilet was outside!!
The new house is very simple and has many rooms and the living room is called " the family room". There are many electric appliances, you know. It became more and more confortable to live in.
It is interesting to think about the old house and new house. They are contained the family structure, way of spend, cultures and progress of technology.
[218 words]

0 件のコメント: