2008年10月25日土曜日

BR2-12: The Coldest Place on Earth


I read " The coldest place on earth" today. It is a history of Robert Falcon Scott who is an Englishman and went to the coldest place on earth. I didn't know the history, and also I've never been the coldest place, so I was interested in this story. Have you ever been to cold place? Kumamoto's winter is not so cold, y' know, so we can't experience cold place. I think the coldest place is not a place which human can live. There are no food and warm things. If I were there, maybe I can't spend a long time.

The main character, Scott is a captain of his ship and in summer of 1910, a race which to be a first human at the South Pole began. They tried to go South Pole, in Antarctica but it was really hard and dangerous place. Human can't go there easily, so Scott and his member took many ponies and dogs. They pull sledges and skied. The temperature was sometimes -40° Centigrade. I thought it's so hard and people maybe couldn't walk. We can go there by helicopter or other transportation system now, but they didn't have these then. It's impossible thing! They were really amazing guys, so I respect them.

[219 words]

0 件のコメント: