2008年10月10日金曜日

Essay 2-02: My Favorite Places in Nagasaki

I'll talk about my favorite places today. My favorite places are Nagasaki city and Sasebo city in Nagasaki prefecture. Have you ever been there? I think you've been Nagasaki city for your school trip before. I love these places because Nagasaki is my father's hometown and my relatives live there. I and my family go there twice a year, in summer and winter. I think that Nagasaki is my second hometown for me. Also Nagasaki city and Sasebo city have a lot of special points. That is why I love these places, so I'll explain three favorite points.

To begin with, Nagasaki city has many beautiful views. As you know, Nagasaki is a city of hills and there are many houses which are built on hills. The view is like a fairyland, so it's nice looking. I think people can't believe it that most people live in Nagasaki can't ride a bicycle because of hills. Actually, my father couldn't ride bicycle until he came to Kumamoto. Most people in Nagasaki walk the hills. I think that it's good exercise for people. When I go there, I walk the hills with my cousin for exercise. The night view is also beautiful. It called "The night of $1,000,000"! You can see it on Mt. Inasa. The view is romantic, so I think you'd better to go there once with your boyfriend or girlfriend. We can see beautiful sea near my relative's house and there are many ships lighted up. The sea smell is very nice, so I like this place.





Next, I think that Nagasaki has international culture. There are lots of foreigners in Sasebo city because there is US military base, so when I walk the city, I see foreigners many times. I always think "Is here abroad?". There are many foreign shops and restaurant in Nagasaki city because of Dutch village and China town. I sometimes go there and have a lunch with my relative.The Chinese foods and sea foods are very delicious!
Nagasaki is the stricken area of atomic bomb, so there are atomic bomb archives and peace monument. Nagasaki think much of "peace" than any other prefectures. That's also why I like this city.



Finally, they have original culture. There are many interesting festivals. For example, Syouryounagashi which is launching a paper lantern or votive offering on a straw boat onto the water to see off the spirits of one's ancestors on the last day of the Bon festival. I go this festival every summer. The fire crackers are really noisy, but it's interesting. Also there is Okunchi festival and you can see the Dragon Dance. It's so wonderful festival, so I want to see again. I like Nagasaki dialect. My father and my relative talks in Nagasaki dialect. It's different from Kumamoto dialect and the intonation is also different. It's very interesting!

I suggest you to go Nagasaki city and Sasebo city at least once. Nagasaki is romantic and international place, so I think you'll become like them. I'm going to go there in this winter, so I'm looking forward to go there. I love Nagasaki city and Sasebo city!!

[542 words]


0 件のコメント: