2008年8月21日木曜日

BR2-03: Flood!


I have not experienced big flood, so I don’t know how hard it is. I wanted to know that, so I elected this book.

There are five people and one dog in the family. It had been raining and raining for days. At first, there is little paddle outside but a storm came in the middle of the night and the rain beat their house, so they couldn’t sleep. The next day, outside was like a big lake and couldn’t see ground. The school was closed and people were taking some sandbags to their front of the house to keep away getting flooded into the house. Father and mother took a chair and plants upstairs, so children helped them.

The night, flood water came in the downstairs!! Oh no!! The hall was full of water. I thought it’s terrible. Next day, fire officers came to the flooded street and they took a dinghy and helped the family. They went to a hall in the town and there were many people. They ate and drank something hot. I think spending people makes me heave a sigh of relief. After they backed home, the downstairs were all mud but the mother said warm words, “What’s more important than all this mud? We are”.

I like this word because I think what is most important thing is human’s life. We have to protect our body and safe first. I understood that flood is so hard for human beings but it is natural disaster, so it cannot help avoiding. I thought it is important to thinking and preparing some countermeasures against the disasters.
[275 words]

0 件のコメント: