2008年8月16日土曜日

Rotorua Weekend ~Part 1~

From today, we go to Rotorua! 8:15 am, we left the Unitec and arrived at Waitomo caves. It was cold in Rotora but into the caves, I felt it was warm. The caves were mysterious and amazing place. I saw so many line stone, stalactites and stalagmites and they were very long and thick. It was very interesting. We sung a birthday song for Ayako in the caves because her birthday will be coming soon. We really wanted to ride a boat to see many glowworm which is so beautiful but because of yesterday's lots of rain, we couldn't ride a boat. Oh, no~~~!

Then we went to Roseland which has beautiful gardens and had a BBQ lunch!! It was very delicious and I could eat curry and rice!! At 2:30 pm, we left for Rotorua and went to Regal Geyserland Hotel. We had about 2 hour free time, so I and my friends went to close convenience store and bought some drinks. After went back my hotel room, Miho, Keiko and Erika came I and Ayako's room, so we talked with them about boyfriend and driving car and so on. And it was so interesting time! I like girls talk!!
Then 7:00 pm, we went to Marae and experienced a Maori concert which has Maori songs, haka and poi dancing. It was amazing and exciting show and I like Maori show very much! We had a delicious hangi dinner and it was a smorgasbord. We sung a song with join hands and said "Kia ora" every time. I enjoyed it very much!! At 10:00 pm, we rode a bus to go back our hotel and we sung some songs in the bus. The bus driver was so funny and he can speak Japanese a little. When we got off the bus, we experienced "hongi" which is one person's nose put another person's nose together twice. It was so precious experience for me because after putting nose together with the guide driver, I felt strong affinities with him.

After we went to back our room, I felt very tired but took a shower and went to another friend's room. We watched Olympic game on TV and talked. Then 2:00 am, I slept in my room.
I'm so sleepy....
[390 words]

1 件のコメント:

JAM さんのコメント...

Nojomi〜〜!! Really long time no see!! Thanks a million for your message. I miss you, too! How was your stay in New Zealand? I saw your blog today, and you have a lot of things to share with us, huh? I am staying with a Japanese women here, and I always speak Japanese at home.(>_<) I am not sure whether I am making a progress in English, so let me make an excuse in advance. Ha ha! I'm really looking forward to seeing you! Now, enjoy your Japanese life again. See ya! (^o^)/