2008年8月24日日曜日

Date with Haruno

Today, I got up at 8:30 am and it was rain and windy. I had a breakfast and my host mother was cooking Malaysian sweet. It looks like "mochi" and put some nuts and sugar and coconut around it. It was really nice. Jeff made coffee because he learning make coffee. Also he learns the travel agency and hospitality management and he wants to be a hotel man and waiter of the hotel restaurant. His interest are similar to mine, so I felt it's very interesting.

Then we had a small lunch and I went to Unitec gate 4 to meet my friend, Haruno. Her host mother took us to the St. Lucas shopping center and I and Haruno looked around many shops. We went to a cafe and drunk something hot. We chatting and talked about part-time job. She is so funny!! I bought souvenir and I didn't have big bag to take the airplane, so I bought it in "$2 cheap" shop. I found a black big back and it was only $2! I thought I could do good shopping! Then I bought 2 clothing. We went back home at 5:00 pm.


When I got home, Jeff, Olivia and Ben were there and Jeff and Ben played the game on big screen and no lights. I, Jeff and Ben played some games like "Wii" and wrestling with play station 2. It was very funny. After playing it, we had a dinner and it was "norimaki" but there were no raw fish but avocado, carrots and many kinds of food. I tried to eat putting avocado but it was no nice. Putting avocado and chicken on the rice is popular style in NZ, they said. It's very interesting, isn't it? I think maybe most Japanese can't believe that style and very surprised at it. I think no raw fish is no life in Japan!! HAHA:) But most NZ people don't like raw fish. I can't believe it. It was culture shock for me! I'll tell my mother this new style when I back home.


I asked some question of my research to my host parent. They answered very kindly. I have to complete the presentation!! Oh~~~no~~...
[379 words]

0 件のコメント: